The Cost of Polishing Concrete and Why It’s a Smart Budgetary Choice
Polishing concrete is becoming increasingly popular in the flooring industry due to its benefits and cost-efficiency. For a fraction of the price of more expensive options, your space can look like a million bucks thanks to polished concrete.
- Polished floors can provide the same benefits as other more expensive materials at a fraction of the cost
- Minimal maintenance and consistency of care can make a polished floor a lifetime addition to a site
- Polishing can be even more affordable if you already have concrete flooring in place
- High gloss finishes, intricate designs, and additional treatments can increase the cost of polishing concrete
- Hire a qualified and experienced contractor to ensure quality work on your polished concrete flooring project
Polished concrete is a smart choice for budget-conscious property owners who want attractive, durable, and low-maintenance flooring. The benefits of polished concrete far outweigh the cost of installation and maintenance, making it an attractive option for facilities or homeowners looking to invest in a long-lasting flooring solution.
Concrete with even a hint of reflectivity looks a cut above the standard. Highly polished concrete can look expensive, so many people believe it is. The reality is, though, that no matter the level of shine, polished concrete is a cost-effective way of getting the beautiful floor you want. It will serve you today and remain a solid investment in the future.
Polished slabs become more resistant to foot and equipment traffic, stand up against spills and grime, offer many design options, and even make for less slippery surfaces, all of which will benefit you for many years by investing in polished concrete and proactive care and attention. Read on to learn why polished concrete is the most cost-effective flooring option, how much it costs, and the factors determining the final price.
Benefits of polished concrete
The benefits of polished concrete are vast, from durability and low maintenance needs to stylish designs and easy customization. Polishing concrete uses diamond tools to grind down the surface of an existing concrete slab until it reaches the desired finish. A concrete densifier is then applied to the surface, which makes the surface stronger and more resistant to staining or scratching. The benefits of this process include:
- Increased durability: Polished concrete is harder and more durable than regular concrete. It better withstands wear and tear, eliminating the need for costly repairs or replacement from damage.
- Improved aesthetics: Highly polished surfaces can reflect light, making rooms look brighter, airy, and more inviting. You can customize the finish with dyes or stains to match the rest of the room’s design. Choose from various finishes such as matte, satin, semi-gloss, and high-gloss.
- Low maintenance: Compared to other flooring options, polished concrete requires minimal ongoing maintenance. It stands up to spills, dirt, and grime better than regular concrete, so you’ll need to clean it less often. A simple sweep, mop, or scrub is all you need to keep it looking shiny and new.
- Energy efficiency: With ballooning energy costs, choosing a flooring option that helps conserve energy is always wise. Polished concrete floors are an energy-efficient option that helps keep the room warm during winter and cooler in summer. During the day, it absorbs the heat from the sun and releases it at night, helping regulate the temperature in your home or facility.
- Versatility: You can customize polished concrete in several ways. Choose from a variety of designs, patterns, and colors to complement the style of your home or facility. It’s also an excellent choice for unique spaces such as driveways, walkways, and patios. Add designs, logos, borders, and 3D artwork for a truly personalized touch.
Polished concrete’s fire and slip resistance, sound-absorbent qualities, and eco-friendliness also add to its value as a flooring option. You can rest assured that your polished concrete floor will last for years with minimal care and attention.
Cost of polishing concrete
Polishing concrete costs $2 to $16 per square foot for already poured concrete and $6 to $24 per square foot for new concrete. Basic polishing with simple finishes and designs can cost as little as $3 per square foot, while higher-grade polishes with intricate designs can cost up to $16 per square foot. Factors that determine the final cost include:
- Concrete condition: Existing concrete requires less preparation and costs less than pouring new concrete. However, if it is damaged, cracked, or stained, you may need to factor in the cost of repairs or removal.
- Level of polishing: The level of gloss or sheen you want will be a determining factor in the overall cost. Basic polishing with a matte finish is the cheapest, while high-gloss finishes cost the most. A high-gloss finish requires more steps and diamond grits for a smooth, mirror-like shine.
- Size of the area: Generally, larger sites cost less per square foot than smaller areas. But if the room is complex or has tight corners, the cost may increase due to additional labor and time required.
- The complexity of design: The cost of your project can increase depending on the complexity and detail of the design you want to create. Intricate borders, overlays, stains, and logos add to the cost of polishing.
- Add-ons: Additional treatments such as anti-slip, stencils, engravings, and concrete sealing can push the cost higher.
While the initial cost of polished concrete may seem high, its benefits make it a wise investment. You can save money on repairs and maintenance in the long run and enjoy a beautiful, stylish floor. Shop around for quotes to determine what you should expect to pay for your polished concrete project. Get at least three quotes to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
Overall, polished concrete is an affordable flooring option that offers a range of benefits. It is durable, low maintenance, energy-efficient, and versatile flooring that can add visual appeal to any space. Whether you’re looking to spruce up your patio or revamp the living room floor, polished concrete will leave a lasting impression.
Get high-quality polished concrete at an affordable price from Concreate
To reap the full benefits of polished concrete, you need an experienced and qualified contractor for the job. Concreate has been providing quality concrete polishing services for over ten years. We use state-of-the-art equipment and high-grade materials to deliver quality work that stands the test of time.
Our polished concrete floors come in a range of colors, textures, and designs to suit your needs. We offer fair prices and quick project turnaround so you can get the best value for your money. Visit our website thisisconcrete.com to view our portfolio and get a free quote. We look forward to helping you transform your space with polished concrete.