Applying Concrete Overlays the Right Way
Jeff Bonkiewicz is the VP of Sales at Polished Concrete Consultants. He’s a seasoned sales professional, marketer, and strategist with a knack for increasing sales revenue. Jeff has worn many hats throughout his career, including web coder, sales pro, copywriter, managing editor, technical writer, videographer, producer, director, and marketing manager. This multidisciplinary work has helped him craft his expertise using a blend of sales, marketing, and technology experience spanning more than two decades.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jeff Bonkiewicz shares how he got into the concrete industry
- Why you shouldn’t skimp on surface prep — or any other step
- Jeff talks about the types of primers you need for a concrete overlay and mistakes to avoid
- Why it’s important to speak to an experienced technical service representative first
- The lessons Jeff learned throughout his overlay experience
- When to pour and polish an overlay
- What’s in an overlay, and how is it different from concrete?
- Jeff explains what Expert Concrete Training is and how they’re building community
In this episode…
Polishable concrete overlays can help you create durable, decorative floors. However, many contractors fall victim to overlay application mistakes, costing them time, money, and sometimes customers. So how do you apply concrete overlays the right way?
According to Jeff Bonkiewicz, you need to have a thorough plan and vision of the entire job before you begin work. Speaking with a knowledgeable technical sales rep can help you think through the job before starting. Additionally, you can’t skip any steps — even the small ones — when applying a concrete overlay. To produce a great result, you must read product datasheets from manufacturers and follow instructions precisely. What other common mistakes does Jeff see during this process, and how can you avoid them?
In this episode of This is Concrete, Chad Gill sits down with Jeff Bonkiewicz, VP of Sales at Polished Concrete Consultants, to talk about the tricks of the trade when it comes to concrete overlays. Jeff discusses the important prep work before applying an overlay, mistakes to avoid, and his concrete training organization that’s working to educate industry professionals.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Chad Gill on LinkedIn
- Workforce Recon
- Jeff Bonkiewicz on LinkedIn
- Expert Concrete Training
- Expert Concrete Training on YouTube
- Polished Concrete Consultants
- Greg Schwietz on LinkedIn
- Josh Jones on This is Concrete
- Bob Harris on This is Concrete
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Concreate.
Concreate is a custom concrete flooring company that delivers polishing, staining, and more for both commercial and residential projects.
Our passionate team helps designers, architects, tradesmen, business owners, and homeowners transform plain concrete surfaces into clean, distinctive, and enduring masterpieces.
Whether you are a large-scale hospitality company like Marriott, an Amazon warehouse, or one of our many residential customers, we want to help you create an affordable and stylish surface.
So, what are you waiting for?