Top Tips for Using Video as an Educational Sales Tool
Lindsey Schmidt is a Video Sales and Marketing Consultant at IMPACT, an inbound marketing agency that helps businesses drive more sales. As a marketing professional, Lindsey prides herself on delivering clear, fair, and effective strategy recommendations. Before joining IMPACT, Lindsey was a Senior Marketing Manager at Next Level Digital Media and a Content Development Manager at USSSA Fast Pitch Softball.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Why is video important for contractors?
- Lindsey Schmidt explains where people go wrong with video
- Lindsey’s tips for making your videos more conversational
- The benefits of creating educational content
- How to use video during the sales process
- Lindsey’s advice to people who want to start creating videos but are unsure how
- The books and resources that can help you get ideas for video content
In this episode…
Before re-roofing her house, Lindsey Schmidt sat down with a contractor to discuss the details. The contractor gave a three-hour-long presentation, overloading Lindsey with information and, ultimately, causing Lindsey to choose a different contractor. What could have helped this contractor educate the client and close the sale? The answer is video.
You can produce videos to educate clients and create an effective sales strategy. Especially in the contracting space, video can help you bring clients up to speed, answer common questions, and give people a vision of your services. Before you even arrive at the client’s front door, videos can give them the information they need, help foster a better contractor-client conversation, and bring you closer to the sale.
In this episode of This is Concrete, Chad Gill is joined by Lindsey Schmidt, Video Sales and Marketing Consultant at IMPACT, to talk about why video is so important for contractors. Lindsey shares the mistakes to avoid when creating videos, the various benefits of video creation, and tips for first-time video creators. If you want to boost outreach and shorten your sales cycle, don’t miss this episode!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Chad Gill on LinkedIn
- Workforce Recon
- Lindsey Schmidt on LinkedIn
- They Ask You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer by Marcus Sheridan
- Marcus Sheridan on This is Concrete
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Concreate.
Concreate is a custom concrete flooring company that delivers polishing, staining, and more for both commercial and residential projects.
Our passionate team helps designers, architects, tradesmen, business owners, and homeowners transform plain concrete surfaces into clean, distinctive, and enduring masterpieces.
Whether you are a large-scale hospitality company like Marriott, an Amazon warehouse, or one of our many residential customers, we want to help you create an affordable and stylish surface.
So, what are you waiting for?