The Curse of Knowledge
Marcus Sheridan is a highly sought-after global speaker and consultant in the digital sales and marketing industries. Offering his services through Marcus Sheridan International, he has been named a “Web Marketing Guru” by The New York Times and was listed in Forbes as one of 20 “Speakers You Don’t Want to Miss.” In addition to his work as a keynote speaker, Marcus is also the Author of the books They Ask, You Answer and The Visual Sale.
Marcus is the Founder and former President of The Sales Lion, a marketing and sales consulting firm, and the Owner and Partner of both River Pools and IMPACT. While he is passionate about these roles, Marcus loves his role as a father and husband even more. He enjoys spending time with his wife and their four children, boating, and fishing.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Marcus Sheridan saved his swimming pool business by becoming a trustful voice
- Why accepting the digital shift is necessary to keep your company alive
- What is the curse of knowledge, and how can it impact your business?
- The five consumer habits that influence the buying process
- How Marcus’ books can help you transform your business
In this episode…
How can you become a trusted business that consumers always turn to? What can you do to draw in the right customers and stand out from your competitors?
Marcus Sheridan says that you need to show more, tell more, and sell differently. If customers are turning towards other businesses as a cheaper option, show them why your business is better. Whether that’s through videos, articles, or any other creative medium, you have to effectively communicate your company’s value in order to attract the right people.
In this episode of This is Concrete, Chad Gill is joined by global keynote speaker and author, Marcus Sheridan, to talk about becoming a trusted business within your industry. Marcus details the importance of answering consumer questions, the steps to get you and your customer on the same page, and why you should be open and honest about all aspects of your company. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Chad Gill on LinkedIn
- Marcus Sheridan on LinkedIn
- Marcus Sheridan International
- They Ask, You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer by Marcus Sheridan
- The Visual Sale: How to Use Video to Explode Sales, Drive Marketing, and Grow Your Business in a Virtual World by Marcus Sheridan and Tyler Lessard
- River Pools
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Concreate.
Concreate is a custom concrete flooring company that delivers polishing, staining, and more for both commercial and residential projects.
Our passionate team helps designers, architects, tradesmen, business owners, and homeowners transform plain concrete surfaces into clean, distinctive, and enduring masterpieces.
Whether you are a large-scale hospitality company like Marriott, an Amazon warehouse, or one of our many residential customers, we want to help you create an affordable and stylish surface.
So, what are you waiting for?